Monday, December 26, 2011

No Body Is Going To Love U If U Don't Love Ur Self



Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient.
Aristotle

People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within.
Ramona L. Anderson
If you don’t like someone, or if someone betrays you, you can walk away. You can stop being his/her friend.
But if you don’t even love yourself, you have nowhere to go.
This inescapable truth came crashing down on me I was absolutely miserable. I feel like i had no close friends, no family, no one to depend on. I felt like nobody cared about me, and that if I simply disappeared, nobody would even notice. When I woke up in the morning, I’d start crying before I even opened my eyes because I felt so alone. If only I had just one great friend that would be there for me, I’d be okay, I thought.
And then I realized I had to be that friend for myself.
And that’s when I started changing myself, little by little (and read a book or two that helped me along the way– look out for a post soon on a few of the books most influential to my happiness and self-development!)– and amazingly, I went from self-hating, depressed for as long as I could remember, self-destructive, insecure, and almost always sad tounconditionally self-loving and happy. (Of course, it took a LOT of effort, but I got there, and I’m still learning to love myself even more every day!)
And that very transformation is why this site even exists… to be there with you as you travel along this path of happiness and self-love.
The love of your friends and family is irreplaceable and valuable, but when you find yourself without that support, what will you do? Just give up? Or realize by taking care of yourself and loving yourself, you can be happy (and have the confidence to make new friends!) even if you’re alone?
And if you want to be in a successful and loving relationship… how can you expect your partner to love you at all, if even you find yourself unlovable?

No comments:

Post a Comment